"You are a perfectly acceptable human being right now, this minute. You are just as valid as any other human being, without changing a single thing about yourself. That doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to want to grow, evolve or improve yourself, or you can’t do better sometimes, it just means right now this instant, you are worthy of your own self love. Even if it is hard to love yourself sometimes, or you’re struggling with some really difficult stuff in your life, you still deserve it. So dearest you, be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and give the best version of you that you can give, but know that even in the tough times, you are still valid, worthy and deserving."-Unknown (via internal-acceptance-movement)
"Dismissing an idea is so easy because it doesn’t involve any work. You can scoff at it. You can ignore it. You can puff some smoke at it. That’s easy. The hard thing to do is protect it, think about it, let it marinate, explore it, riff on it, and try it. The right idea could start out life as the wrong idea."-Give it five minutes - (37signals) (via minimalmac)
I bought this today. I have been looking for a new weekday/work bag and this bag pretty much had everything I wanted. It was a little pricey, but to my surprise, it was 25% off when I went to cashier. And a $150 I recently got paid for more than half of it.
"No matter what you have been through, you aren’t dead inside like you think you are. You haven’t given up yet. You’re hopeful, not cynical. There are people out there who have given up. There are people who live with someone they don’t love anymore. There are people who are stuck with someone they don’t know how to leave. There are people who know exactly what tomorrow is going to look like. You don’t. Thank god for THAT. Stay neurotic. Stay frustrated. Stay emotional. Stay excited. Your life is happening."-Erin Foster, Single Girls Guide: Valentine’s Shmalentine’s on HelloGiggles (via crosswordsandcoffee)
"There comes a time in every woman’s life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne"-Bette Davis (via maisonkrug)
- Finished lots and lots of laundry, specifically sheets and towels and blankets and such.
- Put together a cheap shelf for my closet so that I can stack my jeans, rather than hang them because they take up too much room on hangers.
- Bought a new lamp for my bedroom. Put it together. Threw out the old, broken lamp.
- Went grocery shopping. Made white chicken chili in my slow cooker.
- Bought a dry erase board, hung it on a cabinet door in my kitchen and planned out my menu for the week.
- Scraped the buckled paint, caused by a leak in my roof that ran into my attic and down into my bedroom, off the wall. (The roofer fixed the leak, but I have to wait a few “hard rains” for someone to come take a look at the inside. I decided to scrape the paint off so I could a) see is more water continues to come in and b) the buckled paint was bothering me.)
- Cleaned, a little. Should have cleaned more.